[updated June 1, 2020, at 11.00]
Internal Task Force
Aalto EE's internal task force is working on a daily basis to review and carefully assess information about the outbreak and its impact around the world from a wide range of sources, such as the WHO, Finnish Institute for Health and Welfare (THL), the Finnish Government and Aalto University, as well as the organizations we work with.
Aalto EE follows meticulously the guidelines and restrictions of the Finnish Government. From June 1, 2020, onwards we are applying the so-called hybrid model in program deliveries. This means that a limited amount of the participants can join the program in the classroom, some will do it online.
You can confidently participate in the programs you have enrolled in and also register for future groups. Please do not hesitate to contact the related program staff in case you have any questions or concerns related to your program attendance.
The staff if working both remotely and in the office. The amount of staff in the office is restricted and is monitored closely. There are guidelines for the staff to follow if being present at the office.
Guests and traveling
If anyone of our staff, faculty, or customers have been traveling abroad, an automatic quarantine of 14 days is needed with no exceptions.
General instructions to our clients, staff, and partners
We are committed to the safety of our visitors/participants and our staff and want to provide a safe environment for us all. We will take the following measures to secure the safety of our clients and staff, and ask our clients to follow these instructions, too. Please read them carefully before attending your module.
- Hand hygiene. Please wash your hands meticulously e.g. when arriving from outdoors, before and after meals. We also have several points around our premises for disinfecting your hands. In the bathroom facilities, we have soap, hand disinfectant, and disposable hand towels.
- Safety distance. Our training facilities have been arranged so that a two-meter safety distance is maintained while seated. We recommend that during the day, a minimum of a one-meter safety distance is maintained in relation to other guests, faculty, and personnel in all situations. Only a few people are allowed in the bathroom facilities at a time. Please maintain the safety distance also in the queuing situations outside the facilities.
- Catering. During the epidemic, food is served in individual portions. We request to adhere to safety distance when fetching and eating the food.
- Catering personnel. Kitchen and catering personnel use gloves and respiration masks while preparing and handling food items.
- Moving around. We recommend our guests to stay mainly inside own training facility and its immediate proximity, avoiding unnecessary stay in the common areas. There will be other visitor groups on our premises during the training day.
- Cleanliness. We take extra caution in disinfecting the bathroom facilities, door handles and surfaces such as coffee machine touch screens during the day.
- Symptoms. If you suffer from even mild symptoms such as respiratory difficulties, fever, etc. known Covid-19 symptoms, we request you to take part in the training online. If you experience symptoms during the training day, please consult our staff. In the case of symptoms occurring, we kindly ask for an immediate departure due to the risk of infection.