Global Strategy is a three-day core module in the Global Leader program and can be also taken as a stand-alone program.
Strategy is not about setting goals but solving problems: identifying a path for a company to succeed in an ever-changing environment with global competition, and successfully pursuing that path. Strategy is a unique topic in management as it cuts across all specializations from finance and marketing to leadership and innovation.
The Global Strategy program focuses on the fundamental issues in strategy planning and will give you the skills needed to develop the long-term viability of your organization.
Global Strategy is designed to enhance the ability to develop, evaluate and implement strategies in a complex global environment.
The Global Strategy program is designed for leaders who manage global business operations across borders and functions.
It is also relevant for experts and specialists who aspire to build competencies and confidence in making strategic decisions.
Contents and Schedule
Global Strategy, May 17-19, 2021
The program focuses on the fundamental issues in strategy planning and will give you the skills needed to develop the long-term viability of your organization. It provides you with both conceptual knowledge and frameworks for strategic management. In this Global Strategy program, the choices and actions through which managers can create value for shareholders and improve the competitiveness of their company will be examined. Particular attention is paid to three interrelated elements of strategic management: leadership and people, competition and business environment, and organization and capabilities. The module focus is on digitalization as an overarching megatrend that continues to drive strategic change in numerous industries.
- Understand and use the key concepts and contemporary frameworks in strategic management
- Diagnose a company’s internal capabilities and organization, the competitors, and key changes in the business environment
- Understand key strategic challenges posed by increasing digitalization and globalization across industries in both manufacturing and services
- Design and assess realistic and effective strategy implementation efforts
- Grasp the main strategic and structural approaches available to multinational corporations
- Understand the limitations of strategic analysis and strategic planning and appreciate the role of experimentation and venturing as strategic tools
Instructor: Henri Schildt, Professor, Aalto University, Finland
Pre-module period of 2–3 weeks
Intensive face-to-face session with instructor and peers
Program Fee and Registration
The fee for the Global Strategy module is € 4,150 (+ VAT).
The fee for the Global Leader program (6 modules) is € 14,400 (+ VAT).
The program fee includes learning materials, lunches and coffee breaks during the program days.
Please note that the program fee does not include travel expenses or accommodation. VAT is applicable to private persons and Finnish companies.
Register for the Global Strategy latest four weeks before the module starts.
Other Global Leader Modules
You can choose to register for individual stand-alone Global Leader modules or take the the full Global Leader program including all four core modules and the two elective modules of your choice.