Are You Ready to Start Your EMBA Journey Now? Complete Some Elective Modules in Spring before Your EMBA Program Starts
We offer you the opportunity of starting your studies early in the same year that your Executive MBA program starts. There are a number of modules available that you can choose from between January and June in our ongoing MBA programs. The completed modules and study credits will be included in your EMBA degree. This way, you can get a feeling for studying and can complete some of the required modules before the official start of your program, and you will also gain some flexibility in tailoring your EMBA study plan and schedule.
The modules on offer are mainly included as elective modules in the EMBA program. As part of your EMBA, you will need to complete elective modules worth a total of 22.5 ECTS credits, with one elective module typically equivalent to 4.5 ECTS.
Modules available in Spring 2021 include for example
- Financial Decision Making, January
- Leading with Impact, February
- Digital Strategy and Transformation, March
- Design Thinking, April
- Global Strategy, May
- Strategic Foresight, June
You can complete one to six modules before the official program start in October. The fees are
- one module: € 4,150 (+ VAT)
- two modules: € 8,300 (+ VAT)
- three modules: € 12,450 (+ VAT)
- four to six modules: € 15,900 (+ VAT)
and will be fully compensated when you start your EMBA program as long as it is no later than 2022.
Kindly note that we require you to complete parts of the EMBA application process before you can take any of the modules. Please discuss with your Aalto EE contact person how to make the best selection of modules, prepare a study plan, and meet the entry requirements, and how to proceed with the application process. We will help you with any questions you may have on starting your studies and finding the best solution for you.
Taking some of the modules does not bind you to starting EMBA studies with us. The compensation for fees is valid until the end of 2022, and the study credits are transferable for five years from completion.
A Compact Program That Can Serve as a Pathway to EMBA
Global Leader is a compact and flexible program that can help you strengthen your strategic skills to manage interlinked functions in a multinational environment and learn more about different areas of business that impact your career potential.
The program has six modules: four mandatory core modules and two elective modules which participants are able to choose from a selection of Aalto Executive MBA and/or Aalto MBA electives according to personal preference. Each module is worth 4.5 ECTS credits. All Global Leader modules can also be taken as stand-alone programs.
Global Leader has a similar program structure, participant profile, and studying format to the Aalto Executive MBA program and is often utilized as a springboard to EMBA studies. Studying in Global Leader offers many benefits, not only for those who just wish to study in a compact and efficient general management program, but also for those who are planning to pursue future studies in the Aalto Executive MBA program:
- Up to six modules completed in the Global Leader program can be transferred to the Aalto Executive MBA. The modules' study credits are transferable for five years.
- The tuition fee paid for the Global Leader program (€ 14,400) will be fully compensated if four to six completed modules’ study credits and grades are transferred towards an Executive MBA when a participant applies and gets accepted in Aalto EMBA within a year of completing the Global Leader program.
- Participants who want to transfer less than four modules will be eligible for a 5% compensation from the Executive MBA tuition fee per transferred module.
- Participation in the Global Leader program or its stand-alone modules provides new Aalto Executive MBA participants with greater flexibility in the timing of their studies.
- Studying in the Global Leader program gives participants a chance to practice their learning skills and brush up on studying methods and language skills before starting in the faster-paced Aalto Executive MBA program.