Service Management is an online course that provides a toolbox to better understand and analyze recent developments in service management.
By participating in this program you will gain a good understanding of how to
- assess and optimize service quality,
- design effective service recovery measures,
- integrate customers and technology in service delivery,
- assess the future role of artificial intelligence in service,
- develop hybrid offerings in business markets.
For companies, this program represents an effective way to gain new ideas for promoting customer-centric business strategies. For service managers and experts, the course a cost-efficient and flexible way of further refreshing and extending their service-related knowledge and skills.
5 chapters of interesting video lectures and case videos
Online exercises to help you reflect on your learnings
Flexibility to learn whenever and where ever according to your own schedule
The course serves as a cost-efficient and flexible way for updating participants’ service management know-how. It is also an effective tool to provide selected teams, groups or departments with a similar level of knowledge.
The Service Management online course is designed for managers and experts who are looking for a conceptual toolbox on service management.
In order to provide effective tools for optimizing companies’ service operations, the course starts with approaching the foundations of service business. To capture service quality as a major aim of service provision, the online course discusses prominent service quality concepts and covers seminal tools for measuring service quality. The course also discusses strategies for effective service recovery and introduces self-service technologies and artificial intelligence as major drivers of service innovation.
Participants will also identify co-creation as an emerging trend in service innovation management. The course illuminates customer value creation as a major strategic aim of business operations. In addition, customer centricity is introduced as a major organizational precondition for safeguarding customer value.
Instructor: Tomas Falk, Professor of Marketing, Aalto University School of Business
Chapter 1: Foundations of Service Management
- Why Study Services?
- Defining Services
- Products vs. Services
- The 15 Service Management Mantras
Chapter 2: Service Quality Management
- Defining Service Quality
- The GAP-Model
- Electronic Service Quality
Chapter 3: Service Recovery Management
- Conceptualizing Service Recovery
- Customer Response Categories to Service Failures
- Principles of Effective Service Recovery Systems
- Service Guarantees
Chapter 4: Service and Technology
- Customers and Self-service Technologies
- Technology Readiness
- Artificial Intelligence in Service
Chapter 5: B2B Services
- Customer Value
- Variants of Hybrid Offerings
- Hybrid Offerings – A Resource and Capability Perspective
- Variants of Hybrid Offerings and the Respective Resources and Capabilities
- Customer Centricity
Fee and Registration
The fee for the Service Management online course is € 200 (+ VAT).
The fee includes three months access to the course content for one person.
VAT is applicable to private persons and Finnish companies.